Pages

On any given day you are most likely to find us communing with the gnomes and the fairies Under The Old Oak Tree

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More of Our Handmade Holiday Creations

WARNING:  If you are related to me, please stop reading this blog till sometime after Christmas...or you might not get a surprise!

I'm a day late in posting this, but, our handmade holiday creations continue.  I feel like I've been working on lots of other things over the past week (more on those in a later post) but I somehow have also made some real progress in terms of making Christmas gifts too.

I finished the first cute little women's scarf, and I made another one.


And, I have a third one on the needles now...


...but I changed to a different color yarn.  Let's just say, if you are a woman on my gift giving list....you have a fairly good chance of receiving one of these AND you should not be reading this blog till after Christmas!  ;-)

I also painted (with acrylics since the watercolors rolled right off) and polished these maracas with my beeswax polish for W's stocking.


I also made these decoupage coasters with photos of W and W with his Nana and Granddad for Daddy and Nana and Granddad respectively.




I also chose and edited photos to do the same project for Grammy and Boppy and Uncle S.  I used cork mats made for flower pots and outdoor Modge Podge.  I think I am going to have to find something else to coat them with however, since they have remained pretty sticky.  I think I will also just make the next ones with whatever seems to work to seal these.  They have been a pretty fun project so far!

This week I hope to finish at least one more scarf (maybe two) and get started on some hats for the big guys!  I also need to come up with a gift idea for Boppy (my dad).  He seems to be the one person on my list that I just can't figure out what I can make that he would enjoy.  In the past I have mostly given him DVD's but somehow that just doesn't fit into the spirit of the handmade holiday!  Anyone have any ideas for what to make for older gentlemen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover